AIBP Retreat Boston 2022: FAQ’s
58 Pulaski Street
Parking – anywhere in front of the building, including the parking lot in front of NE Cabinets. There is additional parking on the side and in the back of the building.
How to find the studio in the building:
Studio is on the 4th floor of building C (the building closest to the main street)
Enter building B or C.
Take stairs or elevator to the 4th floor
Studio is 1/2 down the hall in building C, (the hall with the silver floor)
Registration table will be in the studio when you arrive.
What equipment do I need?
- Your camera and your favorite lens. All lighting will be provided by Geekoto, no worries there will be plenty available to use in the studio as well as multiple triggers for each brand of camera. If you’re planning on doing any shoots not in the studio, well then you’ll need to bring your own lighting if you need it.
How do I get there from the hotel?
- We have heard there are going to be a few people with vehicles. This is a great opportunity to meet each other and connect. There is also Uber & Lyft available. The studio is about 2.5 miles from the Marriott Peabody.
What about food?
- Light breakfast is provided Friday – Monday morning at 8am. Pastries, fruit, yogurt and of course coffee & tea
- Lunch is provided Friday – Sunday.
- **IMPORTANT** If you have any food allergies that you haven’t made Michelle aware of yet, please do so ASAP. firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will also have water & light snacks available throughout the day. If you like something specific, please feel free to bring it with you. Please keep in mind we do not have a large fridge or a microwave in the studio.
- Dinners are on your own. There are a lot of great places around to explore and we’ll have a list for you.
What should I wear?
- Clothes are good, please wear them. It’s New England, we don’t want you to be cold. But really, wear what you are comfortable in. No need to dress to impress here, we want you to be you.
- Just keep in mind that is fall in New England… so layers are a good idea.
What is this open shooting time?
- Each day we are providing models for the open shooting time.
- A list of models and with contact information & social media information will be available.
- There will be at least 3 sets available each day.
- From feedback from attendees, we have left space to be able to shoot each other. If it is wanted, there is also a hair & makeup artist available to prep anyone for open shooting time, There is a fee that will need to be paid directly to her. Please reach out to Michelle at email@example.com if you’d like to have your hair & makeup done for open shooting time.
Model? Can I use the photos for my portfolio?
- Yes, you can use them. All the models have signed a full model release for the event.
- We will also be providing their information, email and social media.
- As always, but not required, models would appreciate any images from attendees.
Do you have anyone for Hair & Makeup outside open shooting time?
- Why yes we do! Our artist is available for other shoots that you have planned, we just need to make sure it fits into her schedule. She will travel within a few miles of the studio if needed. Please contact Michelle to arrange.
Can my guests come with me?
- Unless they paid for a seat, no, they cannot come into the studio. They are welcome to explore the building, there are some great shops or they can always go explore Salem. There’s lots to see there.
- When you post, please tag us on FB: @AIBPhoto IG:@AIBPHOTOG and use hashtag #AIBPBoston2022
- Please do not go live or record video during the main classes.
Issues/Challenges at the event?
- Please seek out Shawn or Michelle, we will do what we can to assist.
If you have any other questions or things that we missed here, please email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org